HPI goes UK

HPI was bought by UK company.
HPI CEO was Japanese Tatsuro Watanabe.
I know him when he was 1/12 electrical pan car racer 35 years ago.
He had joined AYK works team.
AYK was a Japanese RC racing brand.
When I was child I dreamed AYK works team colored racer.
At the time speed controller was like this.
And had no suspension.
AYK made independent suspension car named cyclone.
But they fail to develop the car.
After that AYK looses Kyosho yokomo stop working.
HPI named 1/10 EP touring car cyclone too.
Another AYK works team member is Koji Sanada.
He found Mugen.
He design and develop MBX in Europe now.
He got GP buggy worlds title in 1990.
Now GP buggy worlds is battled by American drivers.
But chassis is battled by Japanese AYK and Kyosho automodel.

Kyosho is not RC constructor.
Is a trading company.
MP is constructed by Automodel.
Famous MP designer is a employee of Automodel.
They knows only RC driver can't  get money.
RC is small business.

They founded company and sponsored young boy for getting title

Some of them know education is more important racing RC.
I don't like young boy pro driver.
Company should not use to child for business.
In August HB will release D815V2.
It has many options and 2 type chassis same plice.
Is it stock bargain?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reliability of FUTAB

Arrma

Break In Part3