picco break in

I went to park for new Picco break in.
No one was there.
There was 50 m over straight.
It's 25 degrees C.
No need preheating.
I usually measured temperature at plug top .
I must stop engine at fly wheel.
It's for protecting oil empty.
I did heat cycle break in.

No idling.
I run max throttle at the first time.

One minute after cool down to 30 degrees C.

Runtime engine head temperature had near about 100 degree.

If engine often stopped should slow close needle 25 degrees.

If plug top was cool should close 20 degrees.
It's from temperatures too cool or too hot you should operate main needle.
Range of temperatures 90 to 120.

Running in method is good.
Because high temperatures at straight end but cool down at corner.
There is little heat cycle on the run.

I did one minute x 4times.
Two minutes x 4 times
Three minutes x 2 times
Four minutes x 6 times.

After break in I watched piston.
Picco piston hit under the top.
Near the rear pinhole is important.

Same width of hit ring is evidence of perfect break in.

If rear end was wider than front end you miss breake in.
Important thing is to hit the piston vertical  for sleeve avoid thermal expansion.

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reliability of FUTAB

Arrma

Break In Part3