Running in
I go to parking near my house.
Running in needs long straight.
Maximum throttle blow out powder of aluminum.
Then needs oval course.
I use heat cycle method.
Each time run to heat chamber with 100 - 130C degrees.
Every time cool down to 30C.
2 minute x 8 sets
3 minutes x 3 sets
4 minutes x 6 sets
I used pre heater on first three sets.
If it’s cold I use more times.
Almost piston is broken on first fire.
On 2min x 8sets.
I put cover on cooling head.
I never change needle from factory default.
It is enough to heat 100C.

3min x 4sets


It’s a perfect one of nova piston.

3min x 4sets
I get out cover.
I close high needle 5minutes and close slow needle 2 minutes.
If stooped engine on low speed or idleing should close low needle 1 minute more.
Should measure temperature each 1 minute.
If it is under 100C should close high needle 2minutes.
If it is over 140C should open high needle 2minutes.

It’s before running in.
It’s after running in.
It’s after running in.
Nova piston touches sleeve under the oil lanes.
White band width is uniformed by heat cycle running in.
White band width is uniformed by heat cycle running in.
But there are small scratches around pin boss.
I had to remove piston pin and check piston burr.
Probably theses scratch came from backside of piston.
It’s a perfect one of nova piston.
I will break in more 3tank.
Comments
Post a Comment