Bumpy track

I went to track yeaterday.
There ware many bump after hard rain.
And surface was dry and dusty.

Nowadays bump issues is only GP buggy category.
EP experts hasn't bumpy track experience.

First my car fall down at the big bump. 
Another expert's car didn't fall down.

I changed setup.
I will introduce my setup method.

1 diff setup
Every buggies has each character for diff setup.
I tried several diff setups.
DNX8 needs rear diff softer oil.

DNX8 has long rear lower suspension arm then rear tire move slowly.
It makes traction long time at out corner.
Softer rear diff oil lose rear traction.
On power at out of corner these are balanced.

If your car rear push out on the out of corner,it caused rear tire touch the ground long time.

And slippy surface need more soft oil.
High grip surface need hard oil.

I find best feel F7k,C5k,R3k.
Air temperature is at 28°C.
If There are big bump center need soft oil.

2 rear geometries 

Could you see the slow motion video?

You can see my car jump at bumpy surface straight.

My DNX8 lost forwarding traction by little jump.
In the case rear suspension arm require more skid.
I set RF bush two up and RR center.
More skid for bump like a front end of boat.
And Low roll center means chassis down on zero G.
Another explanation rear suspension already shrink on zero G.
It make rear roll brake easily out of corner.
Therefore inside suspension shrink complete early.

3 Front geometry 

On bumpy track need skid more too.
I set FF and FR center.
Instead of this I reduce caster F1mm,R2mm.

I feel DNX8 heavy movement for steering.
It's not wrong thing on bumpy condition.
But on the competition I want to need lighter handling for dog fight.

Then I try high shock angle.
I mounted shock stay screw on out side.
It's good feeling.
I will continue to search front set more.
An experts compare my car and his own car.
There is 0.6seconds gap.
My set will be getting better and better.
I can understand DNX8 gradually.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reliability of FUTAB

Arrma

Break In Part3