Break in part2
Have you watched two pro drivers break in video?
One is Ryan Lutz,other is Papa Tessmann.
They are professional,and use different engines.
Probably Their method is correct for each engines.
But I found two different points.
①idling.
Ryan Lutz does't start up with idling.
In my opinion,Idling is most severity for engines on out of box.
Idling sent a little fuel to Primary Component.
For nitro engines,fuel means lubrication.
And slow rotation make a big resistance.
Virgin sleeve,cherry piston,connection rod are received big damage.
I think start up with in running immediately is correct way.
②Preheat
Probably climate of Canada is cold.
Then Papa Tessmann do preheating.
This is very important.
He warm up sleeve before piston.
It generates outside of sleeve thermal expansion.
Then It reduce resistance when first contact of PC.
And he keeps sleeve heating by tire inner put on head.
Air flow makes sleeve to be cold.
Almost engines broken came from first step of break in.
First fire and first several heat cycling is very important.
Until now I wrote different points.
Their method is almost same.
They often use thermometer,they gave heat cycling.
I don't break in on less than 10℃.
My method of break in is almost same as them.
It has three steps.
1 First Step
Preheating heat plug head 70℃.
I keep head heating on running.
One is Ryan Lutz,other is Papa Tessmann.
They are professional,and use different engines.
Probably Their method is correct for each engines.
But I found two different points.
①idling.
Ryan Lutz does't start up with idling.
In my opinion,Idling is most severity for engines on out of box.
Idling sent a little fuel to Primary Component.
For nitro engines,fuel means lubrication.
And slow rotation make a big resistance.
Virgin sleeve,cherry piston,connection rod are received big damage.
I think start up with in running immediately is correct way.
②Preheat
Probably climate of Canada is cold.
Then Papa Tessmann do preheating.
This is very important.
He warm up sleeve before piston.
It generates outside of sleeve thermal expansion.
Then It reduce resistance when first contact of PC.
And he keeps sleeve heating by tire inner put on head.
Air flow makes sleeve to be cold.
Almost engines broken came from first step of break in.
First fire and first several heat cycling is very important.
Until now I wrote different points.
Their method is almost same.
They often use thermometer,they gave heat cycling.
I don't break in on less than 10℃.
My method of break in is almost same as them.
It has three steps.
1 First Step
Preheating heat plug head 70℃.
I keep head heating on running.
Make high speed needle richer to set head temperature 100℃.
High temperature set more rich,Low temperature set more lean.
I almost open throttle maximum on straight road.
It send a lot of fuel and air flow to PC.
And it discharge dust of piston aluminum.
It continued 3 minutes.
You should stop engine by bent tube.If you stopped by attaching flywheel ,it make rust in PC.
I check piston sitting on bottom.
Then pop out head cover,cool down to normal temperature.
I repeat the operation 5 times.
2 Second step
Preheating heat plug head 70℃ as same.
I pop out head cover.
Make high speed needle lean to set head temperature 100℃.
High temperature set more rich,Low temperature set more lean.
I continue running 4 minutes.
I check piston sitting on bottom.
Cool down to normal temperature.
I repeat the operation 6 times.
3 Third step
Start engine without preheating.
Make high speed needle lean to set head temperature 100℃ more and more.
High temperature set more rich,Low temperature set more lean.
I continue running 6 minutes.
Cool down to normal temperature.
I repeat the operation 5-10 times.
I decide to complete break in is that the engine rotate enough top speed under 100-110℃.
It's my method of break in and reason why do so.
On running break in make short term heat cycling by throttle operation.
Preheat reduce stress of first contact among PC.
Cool down is long term heat cycling to avoid thermal expansion lean exhaust area.
My purpose of break in are
①No damages for PC & connection rod
②Therefor long life
③Scrape uniformity among PC.
Not for short time operation.


Comments
Post a Comment