REAR HUB CARRIER

I would like to modify rear hub carrier and dog bones.

I have many junk parts.
I found a hub carrier.
It's XB9 carrier made by Alu.

I put on tube spacer into the hing pin hole on original hub carrier,
and through driver on both holes.

Then I compare position of both hubs.
XB9 is 0.2mm longer than original that between hing pin to edge of carrier.
It's almost same including original axls implementation has sloppy gaps.
Another angle of both role center position.
Just same and I got a option changing role center.
But XB8 width is 1mm longer than original.
I lost a option to change wheelbase.
XB8,XB9 dog bones length is same as original. .
So I got a option of hub width.
I have three size hubs.

This is original rear drive unit.
It's HUDY drive unit.
Rotation parts are more lighten.
Hub carrier is little heavy.
If these were same weight for original,
Xray parts are good implementation.

There is a univ drive shaft on Xray.
But I think that is needless on rear,need to front for durability. 
I select lighten on rear.

If you need Xray parts,I recommend xray-shop at Austria.
The shop can pick up the parts directory from Xray factory.
And owner of the shop is very kind.
If you wanted to know use parts NO. ,you write comment or mail me.
Probable you can buy yet on Amain or Xray shop.

I tried many length upper arms.
Finally I find same suspension travel.

Left unit is original,right unit is modify.
It is no bottom position.
It is full bottom position.
Completely both units move same. 
I change screw of upper arm to cap screw.
And I change small lock nut to normal lock nut.
I usually change so any buggy.
Then I check drive pin into the cup on no bottom.
It is same as original.
But the link bar made by Alu.
It's so weak.
I would like to order Titanium bar or spring steel bar.
Size φ5mm x 65mm.
But Lunsford web site does't have the size.
I have to search the size.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reliability of FUTAB

Arrma

Break In Part3