Primary Component

In my opinion I like PICCO base Engines.
It does't mean another brand is bad.
I like only PICCO primary component.
Also I like Nova carb.
I like HUDY FX connecting rod

Picco base engines are ...
Most famous brand is REDS.
  

It is similar as Picco 5TR CER Team.


Others are RC Concept, TBR, TRITON
I want to buy TRITON for next bonus at X'mas.

 TRITON is similar as Picco 3TZ .

Why do I like Picco.?

Because Picco is good for piston thermal expansion.

Could you watch this picture?
Do you find char area?
The area is near the exhaust hole.

In combustion, thermal expansion of piston top isn't uniformity.
Exhaust area is more heat than intake area.
Exhaust area metal gets more expansion than intake area. 
I think breakin with breakin stand continue rotate for a long time is bad.
Because thermal expansion lean exhaust area.

Do you know Japanese OJIGI?
Japanese say hello and head down.

Piston move like OJIGI.
Then exhaust area sharpen more.
Piston must be sharpen uniformity in breakin.
I'll write about heat cycle breakin method in future on this blog.   

Picco racing engine has a dome piston.
Probably it doesn't improve combustion efficiency.
It aims to control thermal expansion.

Left side is a REDS piston.
Do you find REDS piston hole is not space center?
It places little near intake area.
And do you find REDS piston hole places lower from piston pin.
I think PICCO is good for thermal expansion.
Then PICCO can keep piston horizontally in long time race.  
It's only my opinion.
I'll write another parts of engine in future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reliability of FUTAB

Arrma

Break In Part3